- They loan us ladders, tools, and the huge spot light we have been using to harvest at night.
- They invite us to family holiday gatherings.
- They put up with our crazy ideas and our chickens, beagles, and other nonsense.
- They are artistic, handy, and love animals.
- This last Sunday the husband sharpened the mower blade of our trash picked self-propelled lawn mower. Then he fixed and tuned up our wood chipper.
- They would gladly help us with our animals & we help them with theirs.
- They cut down trees that over hang our yard so that we can get more sunlight. That is HUGE because they love trees (not that we hate them).
- They think a community garden on the empty railroad lot next to ours is a good idea... maybe someday.
- They have an acre!? How cool is that.
How did we get so lucky?
The neighbors on the other side... well. At least we got here first. Just kidding. I think they will warm up to us as well. They did notify me when the great chicken escape happened and helped me chase a chicken back into the yard.